Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Benefits Of Pageantry

Have you ever wondered why many women are involved in pageants? I couldn't understand it myself until I started competing and once I started, I became hooked!!! Some people think that pageants are all about glitz and glamour, a lot of make-up, long dresses and hair. Although they all play an important role in pageantry, this is not what it's all about. Pageantry recognizes women and young girls and provides a forum for them to promote a platform that is of importance to them. Pageantry also enhances self-esteem, confidence, poise and personality in it's participants. I've also learned that pageantry is a means for women and girls to meet others who share similiar interests and form new friendships. My pageant experience has been very beneficial to me. I have met some of the most amazing women who are very passionate about their platforms and seek to promote them in many ways. Crown or no crown, all who participate are Queens!

Mrs. Maryland International, Adrienne Watson Carver with Mrs. Maryland Galaxy Contestants

1 comment: