Monday, June 8, 2009

Curing Breast Cancer One Step At A Time


On Saturday, my husband and I participated in the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure in Washington, DC. This was such an awesome experience. I was able to meet several breast cancer survivors and families of breast cancer survivors. Although it was early in the morning, everyone was extremely excited about walking/running for the cure. Some people had banners, some had T-Shirts and some had signs for the relatives they were walking for. There were also those who had their babies in strollers pushing them along, so that they could be a part of the race.

Keno and I walked for my grandmother, Mrs. Dorothea Smith, and several of my family members who are and were victims of Breast Cancer. At one point, I found myself getting emotional and thanking God for allowing my grandmother to survive as long as she has. I know that if it was not for Him, she would not be with us today.
Thank you to all who supported my on this volunteer act and to those who made financial contributions. With our help, the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Foundation is now a step closer to helping those who are Breast Cancer victims.


No comments:

Post a Comment