Friday, May 15, 2009

My First Computer Class

Last night I completed teaching my first computer class for the Seniors at my church, Mt. Moriah Baptist Church. This was an awesome experience. All of my students were over the age of 70!!! They were all eager to learn and couldn't wait to become computer literate. I met with my students once a week for an hour. Some of them would arrive 15-30 minutes ahead of time just to make sure they were ready for my when I got there. I was truly amazed at how quickly they picked up on the information and also their ability to retain the information. Last night was a bitter/sweet moment for me. I was sad that the class was ending but I was happy that I was able to help someone along the way. At least I know my living is not in vain!


No comments:

Post a Comment