Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

I remember the children singing this song at every Easter Play held at The Mount Moriah Baptist Church in Baltimore, Maryland. Whenever Easter season comes around, this song always pops into my head.

Before I go any further with this blog, I want you to know that The Browns know that Easter/Resurrection Sunday is about the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and that Jesus is the reason for the season. The commercialized piece of Easter is fun to get involved with but the Easter Bunny, Candy and Clothes are not the sole purpose of the day.

This past weekend was The Munchkin's first Easter and Keno and I worked very had at trying to make it nice for him. I know most of you are probably saying that he's a baby and he won't remember any of this, but guess what?!? We'll remember it and special thanks to cameras, we now have pictures to show him when he gets old enough to understand. We don't ever want to look back over our son's life and say, "I wish I would've done this" or "I wish I would've done that".

We spent the past two weeks trying to find the right outfit for him to wear to church. Instead of going with the normal dark suit, shirt and tie, we went with a more casual look. After several trips to the store and looking online, I finally found what I was looking for. The Children's Place had a nice tan linen suit and navy blue and white plaid shirt on Sale that we purchased. I then found a hat to match. Yes, our son has a matching hat for most of his outfits along with shoes. (His mother has shoe fetish that has now carried over to him). We also found the cutest navy blue and cream saddle shoes that went perfect with the outfit, but they were too big for his feet. So, he had to wear his tan Stride Rites.

We died eggs earlier in the week and prepared an Easter Basket for the Munnchkin. Inside the basket was a Rabbit from Build-A-Bear named "Peter Cotton Tail" and a book called "The Five Little Ducks". His Nana and Pop-Pop bought him a high chair and cart cover for when we go out to eat and his Auntie Monie and Uncle Robbie bought him more shoes!! On Saturday evening, we arranged his basket and gifts. Since we went to Sunrise Service on Sunday, The Munchkin didn't get his gifts until we got home. He enjoyed everything that was given to him. He played with his new friend Peter Cotton Tail, played with the ducks on his book and tried eating his shoes. I know...I know...He doesn't have a clue why he got all of these things. But that's ok! When he gets older he'll be able to look back at the pictures and see what his Daddy and Mommy did for him and one day when he has kids, hopefully he'll do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment